In September 2013, LifeSciences BC released a report that details the sector’s footprint in the province.
British Columbia’s Life Sciences Industry: an Economic Overview
- Number of life sciences organizations in British Columbia: 310
- Total estimated expenditures: $902 million
- Total estimated employment: 8,500 FTEs (direct) + 5,500 FTEs (indirect) 14,000 FTEs
- Total estimated wages and salaries paid: $570 million
- Average annual life sciences industry wage: $68,000
- Total estimated life sciences research funding from for-profit, not-for-profit and government organizations: $424 million
- Total estimated impact on provincial GDP: $1.03 billion
To download the report, please click here.