What Does LifeSciences BC Offer Its Members?
LifeSciences British Columbia delivers high value to our membership and the community through focused services in high impact areas including public policy engagement, member mentorship, education, industry marketing and active facilitation of investment and partnering. Through your membership, you are actively supporting these activities.
1. Policy: Advocacy
Undertaking relevant public policy initiatives, developing policy recommendations, addressing regulatory barriers and working with government to strengthen the life sciences sector through the creation of a business environment which facilitates and supports success.
2. Promotion: Marketing and Promoting B.C.’s Life Sciences Industry Within and Outside Canada
- Coordination of visible British Columbia presence at international conferences annually.
- Annual LifeSciences B.C. Awards
- Robust website including industry news and information, employment opportunities, and upcoming local and international events
- BioLinks — a monthly electronic life sciences newsletter distributed globally
- Local and international media relations
- Provision of industry information and statistics
3. Partnership: Active Facilitation of Investment and Partnering
- Connecting LifeSciences BC members to global investors and partners
Regular partnering events with key multi-nationals
- Participating and representing British Columbia’s life science sector at international conferences such as BIO
- Facilitating linkages between B.C. and other leading international life science clusters
- Regular hosting of international trade delegations
4. People: Development and Support of our Community through Member Education and Networking Events
- Monthly Speaking Series featuring national industry leaders and local companies
- Annual Salmon Barbeque networking event for the entire life sciences community
- Collaborative initiatives which bring together government leaders, VC’s, innovators and businesses at events such as Access to Innovation
- Industry Roundtables on topics of relevance to members
- Sauder MBA Internship Program linking students to opportunities in the life science sector
- Sanofi Biogenius Challenge Canada science competition for high school students